This recipe is forked from King Arthur Flour’s Banana Muffins recipe, minus the topping. There are a few notable changes: one can of pumpkin in place of mashed bananas, 10-grain cereal for the oat bran, and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
These are more of a breakfast type of muffin. They are somewhat dense and do not have a cake style texture.
- 1/2 cup (113g) yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (340g to 369g) canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (113g) 10-grain cereal
- 1 1/2 cups (177g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a standard muffin tin, or line with papers and grease the papers.
- Combine the yogurt, egg, oil, canned pumpkin, sugar, and 10-grain cereal in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Work the topping ingredients together until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups, filling them almost full; the muffins won’t rise much.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 24 minutes, until the muffins are set and browned. Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and enjoy warm.